I like how when I write about serious stuff, nobody tunes in, but I’m sure I’ll get at least 5 hits on this whiny mommy bloggy kind of post. Mmmmmhmmm…I see ya’ll out there. I’m gonna get out of your box!
Anyone else struggling this week, out there? Maybe it is the changing of the seasons? or maybe because the prolonged winter really has gotten to me. Winter is really starting to remind me of a toddler: He’s on the floor, whining and kicking and screaming…but you know what? Winter, too, must acquiesce. I can smell the thaw of spring in the air.
And with Spring comes hope. And with hope comes action.
So here is what I’m up to:
1) I just submitted a short story for an anthology! I really can’t believe I have an opportunity to be a published person! I’ve always had a dream of being a writer, and I have a passion and a budding talent for it. I, literally 10 minutes ago, just pressed the “submit” button. I am so proud of myself. I’m so excited about the possibilities and the opportunity.
2) I went back to an old story that I had written for NaNoWriMo 2 years ago. I remember why I loved it, and I’m about to really go to town on it. I’m breaking out some of my old lessons from Holly Lisle’s How to Think Sideways course (which I love and is the best gift I’ve ever given myself…aside from my stand mixer…that was a pretty good gift).
3) I’m kicking butt on my two EdX courses, Justice and The Ancient Greek Hero, and I just signed up for another EdX course, Science and Cooking, which starts in October. Because the mind is a terrible thing to waste, ya’ll!
4) I’ve decided that I love working with textiles, but I don’t know how to read patterns, so I’m hooking up with my good craft friend this weekend so that she can teach me the last bit of magic that I’m missing. I’m going to figure out a way to link my Pinterest boards to this blog so that you can see what I’m up to.
5) I’m tackled Potatoes Au Gratin this weekend as my starch contribution to the Easter feast.
Did I mention that I’m running on an average 4 hours of consistent sleep over the past few nights? Yeah. Carpe Diem. There are things to do!
And did I mention that I’m sore from my Children’s Museum playdate yesterday that had me pushing my double stroller all over Boston yesterday? My back is barking.
(My mother always said that “Mothering is a young woman’s sport.” I think I understand why.)
Mucho pictures regarding all of these projects will be coming soon. I need to do a camera dump anyway.
What have you done today? You better get to it!